Monday, March 21, 2011

Fairy Caravans

I know many of you have seen some of these on my Etsy shop Pandora Jane and here on the blog-- but for those of you who haven't I wanted to share a small sampling. The miniature fae caravans have been among the most popular of my natural material projects--perhaps because they express my own fascination with nomadic life styles, albeit housed in a more romantic container than the anonymous white vans that rule my real world rolling travels and those of many other restless folk these days.
(I'm currently at work on a vardo T-shirt design in black and white shadow puppet style that I hope to share soon along with some more colorful 3-D papier-mache versions of the miniature caravans...)


8 comments:

  1. As always, I am enthralled with you work. The caravans are spectacular. Cheers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisitely beautiful, Diana ... how I'd love to dwell in one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just fabulous Diana, id love a life size one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...Perhaps that could be arranged...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tinker, and you do me proud with your fae vardohs!! I have travelled in a bow top, not as romantic life as anyone imagines, but I'm full of memories!!

    ReplyDelete